Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Poem from my story

Here is a poem from my NaNoWriMo story. Its actually a song my MC sings. Its really depressing, but just so you know, I'm not the depressed one. My MC is. :D But it's her first song, so I'm happy for her.


When the world seems a darker place,
When all you see is a pained face,
When cries and shouts follow you,
And people begin to abandon truth,
The old songs drift away,
They carry nothing but hardened decay,
And in my mind the troublesome thoughts,
They won’t leave, they won’t stop,
Something else is being taken,
Another life has started quaking,
How many more?
How many times?
I’m sick of all Death’s un-avenged crimes

Can you tell my story is depressing? Ask deanna or traci, haha.

5 comments:

GirlwiththeBraids said...

It reminds me of the book I'm reading, Sarah's Key. The Vel' d'Hiv was an awful time and your poem kind of relates to that. No, I'm not saying it's awful! I'm saying that it really is depressing and sad.

GirlwiththeBraids said...

Oh, but you wrote it awesome! *smile*

Emily Ruth said...

thank youuu :D

Priya said...

Ooooh, I really like this poem. It is sad, but I loved reading it!

Beth Kephart said...

Emily, it was fun to visit your blog today and to see what you are up to. Some very interesting things are here!

Post a Comment