Thursday, January 15, 2009

Dark is Darker

My New Year's Resolution was to write a poem every day. So far I've done pretty well, missing only a day or two here and there. Of course most of the poems are just terrible, but I rather liked this one.
(Many thanks deanna for giving me a journal to do this in!)

Written 1/4/09

Dark is darker when I close my
eyes
"Hope is vain" I say and
sigh
We wait, you and I,
Unanswered,
Like that closeted darkness.
We cry, you and I,
Like a tortured blindness.
Scattered?
Shattered?
Dark is lighter when my eyes adjust.
"He will come," you say, and I
Trust.

8 comments:

GirlwiththeBraids said...

I love it. That's all I have to say. :)

Emily Ruth said...

thanks girlwtb! :)

Maya Ganesan said...

Dark is darker! Oooooh!

This is rockin'! You go, girl!

Beth Kephart said...

You are doing really good work here, Emily Ruth.

Priya said...

Oooh, I like it.

Anonymous said...

hey can you post some more of your writing? i like it.

Emily Ruth said...

sure :) I post whenever I find a good poem/story I've written, but mostly those don't come very often...
But thanks!

Charlie Rice said...

So far, I like this one best!

Post a Comment